Friday, June 14, 2013

On The Needles: Sophisticated Hoodie in Tatamy

This is another (hopefully) inspiring post about an ill-fated project that has found a new lease on life.

Remember Carrie's quest for a black hooded cardigan? This was her first attempt, but after getting pretty far into the project, she realized she didn't like it. (Don't you HATE when that happens?)

So, the original version got frogged and now the yarn is getting a second chance. This time around, the pattern is Sally Melville's Sophisticated Hoodie.

Sophisticated Hoodie from Mother-Daughter Knits 

Here's Carrie's hoodie in progress. To refresh your memory, the yarn is Kraemer's Tatamy, a soft yet crisp DK-weight cotton/acrylic blend that we absolutely love.

Tatamy's stitch definition really shows off the texture of this pattern.

Carrie says, "I've searched a long time for just the right pattern, and I think I've finally found it. This one had everything I wanted. I don't normally do projects that have to be seamed, but I like the construction of this so much that I'm willing to try it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment