Friday, April 26, 2013

On The Needles: Featherweight in Zephyr

This is a bad news/good news kind of post. Remember this sweater? Two weeks ago it looked like this:

Nearly done!


Well, guess what it looked like a few days after that. Give up? It looked like this:

Yikes!
Fellow knitters, did you just break into a cold sweat when you saw that? It's okay, really. Here's what Stacy has to say:

"Everything was done on Cloudette except for one sleeve. At that point I tried it on and I hated it. The proportions were off, so the belt was waaaay below my waist. So instead of looking cute and tailored, it just looked sloppy. I knew I would never wear that sweater, even if I finished it."

But you know, one of the great things about knitting is that it's one of the few areas in life where you can get do-overs. Mistakes can be undone, and even whole garments like this unfortunate one be ripped out and the yarn re-used. So now it looks like this:

A fresh start!


It will grow up to be a Featherweight cardigan, which is a perfect option for this Zephyr laceweight wool/silk yarn.


Stacy says, "I've made two Featherweights before, and I wear them all the time. I keep thinking I need more of them in other colors, so...green Featherweight coming up! This is something I know will look good and get worn all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment