Thursday, July 21, 2011

Orange Crush

Here's another great summer project, knit by Stacy and modeled here by the lovely Epiphany.  The pattern is Thira from an old issue of Knitty, and the yarn is Cascade Fixation (98.3% cotton, 1.7% elastic).  Stacy used about three and a half balls for the size medium.

Stacy says, "The elastic in Fixation made this project look really tiny while I was knitting it.  But I kept trying it on, and sure enough, it really was working.  Fixation will stretch to about twice its size if you want it to.  The pattern called for a size 5 needle, but I went up to a 7 to get gauge.  I'm not normally a tight knitter, but I guess all bets are off with this stretchy yarn, so definitely make sure you swatch before you knit with Fixation!  I love this top, and with my love of orange, it will coordinate with a lot of my summer clothes."

No comments:

Post a Comment